Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ponsler Update...

It amazes me that so much time has gone by since I last had the opportunity to blog. Work has been keeping me super busy recently. I have been working with the student interns and co-ops a lot lately. We recently went to the Catapillar plant in Peoria, IL and Chicago to the Science and Industry Museum for the student trip. I have an extremely rewarding job because I get to interact with the students and they have such an impact on me. Even though I only get to spend a little bit of time with them throughout their time at work, I feel like I know them and have the opportunity to impact them in some way. Today, they SURPRISED me with a baby shower! It totally caught me off guard. I have to say, I have never been so surprised. I had no clue! I was actually speechless. There were probably 50 students at the shower. I cannot thank them enough. It was truely amazing. They brought tears to my eyes.

The students were so generous. They bought us several bath items for our little angel along with cups, spoons, lotions, soaps, and a baby kit. I can't begin to tell you how much love they have for our little boy already. I have students telling me how to take care of his skin, how to parent him, and how to take care of his hair. I love it! We are so blessed!

We have had a lot of fun telling our friends and family about our boy. It has been fun seeing the expressions and reactions to the pictures. We were able to spend some time with my side of the family recently. It was fun to hang out with the extended family. We had a great time catching up with our aunts, uncles and cousins.







This weekend we are going to Chicago on Saturday to go to a Cirque show.  We purchased the tickets a year ago and we are looking forward to some time together.  

I am trying to finish my current class and my new one already started.  This is my last one for this year.  I will only have one left after October!!!

On the adoption front, our boy currently has viral bronchitis.  Please pray for him as he recovers.  We trust that the doctor in Ethiopia will treat him and make him feel better.  We are still waiting on the local paperwork before we can get a court date.  The case manager told us that we should know in mid-August when our scheduled court date is.  We will travel 5 weeks after a successful court date.  So right now we are looking at traveling in November.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for a speedy recovery of Teg.
D

Jess said...

poor little guy! He will recover in no time and we can't wait to meet him!