Monday, July 7, 2008

It's A BOY!

We would like to announce that we have received our referral!!!  We are going to be the proud parents of a baby boy.  He was born on December 17, 2007 in Ethiopia.  He is so precious.  We love him so much already. 


This is a picture of us right after I looked at the pictures for the first time.  Chris received an email at work and he thought it was not meant for us because our documents were still in Washington D.C.  He called our case manager and he found out he was for us!  He tried calling me 20 times in a span of 15 minutes.  I picked up the phone at work and bursted into tears!  I left work immediately and we set up the camera to record this moment of our lives.  Talk about feeling all the emotions at once!  We have been so blessed and are so lucky that we were chosen to be the parents of this baby.  

We would love to share pictures of our baby boy here, but we signed a contract with our agency stating that we would not share them electronically in any way.  We have actually had this news for some time, but we wanted to make sure that everything was in order before we shared the wonderful news with our family and friends.  Since we never had to wait for a referral, we have had to wait on other items that usually people don't have to worry about.  It took a week for the dossier to reach Ethiopia, one week to translate it, one week for the agency to move our baby from the orphanage to the CWA foster care center and one week to receive the second medical report.  


We are currently waiting for a court date.  Since the courts actually close in August and September, we have a slim chance of getting one in July.  If we do (please pray for this) then we will travel toward the end of August.  If we don't, we will travel in November.  God has been so good to us and we know he has a plan!  We have left this in God's hands.  He has opened so many doors for us and we totally trust in Him.

We will keep you posted on news as we get it.  We have also chosen not to share his name on here until after we pick him up.  We decided to be super cautious because we don't want to risk anything.  If you are interested in knowing the baby's name, please feel free to email or call us.  


I will post about our weekend another night.  We traveled to Michigan to visit with my brother and his family.  We had a great time.  I will leave you with this story... Our oldest nephew read a book about bunnies.  There was one bunny that looked different than the others, but it was still a bunny.  He then took that and described his cousin (our son).  He said that he will have different color skin, but he will be a boy just like him.  He will also have a nose, two hands, two feet, two arms, two eyes...  It was so cute to see into the world of a 3.5 year old.  

9 comments:

ashley said...

YEA YEA YEA! we are so happy for you two and can't wait to start spoiling your little BOY! :) you are in our prayers and we hope you get to meet your son soon! :)

Jess said...

What exciting news! What an amazing blessing! We are so very very happy for you and know that the Lord has definitely had His hand in all of this. AAGGHHH...we are so happy! If you need anything at all...please don't hesitate to call or email! Boys are a ton of fun!!! Love you both so very much!!! We can't wait to meet him!

jenn said...

yeah, i'm crying right now! i am so glad you took that picture and captured such a special moment. i see God's hand in all of this and give Him praise for bringing this precious boy into the lives of two amazing individuals and the family and friends that surround you!!! you have so much love to share, and how blessed your family is, for you definitely are a great example of love. my prayers are with you as you travel and throughout the process and i can't wait to meet your beautiful son! i love you guys so much!! love ya lots..m.e.

p.s. as if this isn't long enough, please email me with any wonderful information you can share :).

Anonymous said...

chris & Sarah...so happy for you both. congratulations! Been thinking and praying for you both a lot lately. You have been on my heart. I am so happy to know your news! congrats mommy and daddy!
abbee

Angela said...

Yippee!!! Congratulations!!!! This is so exciting! I can't wait to meet your son--he and Ethan will be very close in age, so we can have a play date! :) If I don't get to see you on our scheduled night out, it better be because you're travelling! :) love you! ps: send me an email if you can!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! I went to the Howard County Fair tonight with Allie and Patty while Brandon had to work late and in the Lions Club food stand I met Sarah's Mom (she was the cashier). I told her I followed your blog and was very interested in how your adoption was going and she told me your exciting news!!!! I was thrilled for you guys :) I had to get on here and say congratulations! I'll be praying for a July court date.

Unknown said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!! This is great news guys, i'm so happy for you!!

in response to your comment on my blog, adam is definitely more pro than I am, he's a stud in fact, but I'd be happy to take you guys around town, teach you some of the advanced functions of your camera (i think with a powershot you can do advanced functions, but i guess it depends on what model it is). that would be lots of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I have goose bumps....Sarah, I couldn't be happier for you. God has truly answered prayers for my friends this week. You are going to have a baby boy...Congratulations!! Owen and him are going to be the same age. Love you and love the blog...I'll keep checking it and we really need to get to lunch soon!!

Brandon said...

Congratulations!!! I love the story of your little nephew too!