Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Weekend

We had a great weekend. It got off to a great start because Chris came home from Florida. It is one of those things...I really enjoy my personal time, but I am always so glad when he is home and we can spend time together doing the things that we love. Recently, we picked up bicycling. We try to go at least 5 times a week. The past two Saturdays we have taken some long rides. This past Saturday we rode 23 miles. We have really enjoyed it for several reasons...the time together is invaluable, it is good for us, Chris's knee doesn't hurt (he has had surgery twice), it gives us time to think and see God's creation and it is the GREEN thing to do.





On Friday evening, I was able to meet up with some of my girlfriends from Manchester. I have been able to stay current due to all of them having blogs; however, it was nice to laugh and cry with them. We ended up eating supper at the Mexican place and then we went to Dairy Queen for dessert. I was able to show the girls the pictures of our little boy. I loved their reaction. It means so much when you have the support of friends. I am excited about seeing these ladies again in the near future.



My family was here this weekend from Ohio. I have always thought that photography would be a fun hobby so all my cousins joined in on the fun!


Here is Jordan hanging from a tree.







And Carly, who was wondering why I made her sit on the floor for a picture.





Aaron, loving every bit of laying on the grass in the sun so he couldn't open his eyes.





Ashlyn, sitting in the corner with me standing over her on a rocking chair.


And finally, Lauren, sitting on a blue ball.


Man do I love these kids. I have been able to watch all of them grow up and it has been so rewarding. All of them have different personalities and I always look forward to spending time with them. Family means a lot to me and I am so fortunate to have a close family on both my side and Chris's side. We are blessed.

3 comments:

jenn said...

sarah the pictures are beautiful!!! i love how the joy of the kids is really captured in the photos!!! keep it up!!! and it was so wonderful to see you this weekend and to share with you our excitement! both you and chris hold such a special place in my heart and i just love that smile of yours!!!...even when you don't get the ice cream you ordered ;). lets get together soon!!! love ya lots..m.e.

p.s. the pictures of your son were incredible and i love him already!!!

Jess said...

Great job on those pictures...now that is talent!! You are so awesome and it was a true blessing to get to spend time with you! Your little boy is the most precious thing! I love how connected you are to your family! Love you tons!!!

Unknown said...

hey, these are great pics!! it's funny that you commented on how long it's been since i had blogged...i was working on a post right when you commented. I love doing those black and white photos with splashes of color. there are cameras that can do that now, but I like using photoshop, gives me more control over where the color is. In the next month or two I'm going to buy a macro lens...just wait to see what that brings!! Good to hear all your updates and let me know when you guys are gonna be in indy next, maybe we could get dinner or something!!