Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas in October...

I guess you could say that my family is a bit nuts, but we don't mind.  This past weekend we sang Christmas carols and unwrapped Christmas gifts.  Although there was no snow, we had a wonderful time spending some quality time as a family.  This year we went to Ohio.  We ended up getting there on Friday night.  On Saturday, we attended my cousin's volleyball game at her high school.  Her team won!  It was fun to support her.  I think she had the biggest fan club there.  We also went to my aunt's chocolate shop, Stella Leona.  It is not quite open, but she served us all kinds of warm drinks.  They were delicious.  It was so much fun!  



Brotherly love...



A little football action...


Christmas in action.  Every year the adults do not exchange gifts, instead we donate money to a worthy cause that the host picks.  This year, Greg and Nancy, chose to give it to the orphanage where our son is in Ethiopia.  We were so blessed and we know that the orphanage will definitely use it.



Chris and I crammed into a chair for at least an hour while Greg read the Christmas story and the children opened gifts.  


The colors of fall are so beautiful.  I love this time of year.  I always think of my friend Julie because this is her favorite season.  Julie lives in West Virginia.  I met Jules when I studied abroad in England in 2001.  We have kept in touch over the years and she is married to Adam and in April, they became parents to beautiful Ella.  Here is a shout out to Julie - I miss you and thanks for praying for us every night! I wish you lived closer...



I have been so impressed with Chris's photography skills.  He has a super creative side that I did not know existed until recently.  I give him all the credit for the fall photos.



And in the spirit of the season, I had to post one of my favorite pictures of my nephew.  This picture was not taken during halloween, these are his pajamas.  However, the mask is not part of the outfit.  Anyways, I was trying to take a picture of him and I asked him to put his arms out so I could see the netting under his arms.  He followed my directions and put his arms out - just not the way I wanted.  How adorable!


2 comments:

Jess said...

What GREAT family time! What AMAZING fall pictures! This post definitely put a smile on my face! Your beautiful son will be surrounded by a very loving family!

ashley said...

christmas is great any time of year! i already can't wait to start listening to christmas music, sitting by my tree, drinking hot cocoa, watching the snow fall...and enjoying a DELAY!(or two) :) and of course meeting one new mr. ponsler :)