Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Week in Review

Family is a big part of our lives.  This past Friday my mom and I traveled to Goshen to hang out with my Grandpa's sisters and their families.  Although this might not sound like fun to some, we had a blast.  These ladies can outlast me.  They stayed up until 2:30 in the morning.  WOW!  There was a lot of food and laughter all night long.  







In the picture above are the sisters...Claira, Celesta and Martha.  Claira is so funny!  She totally reminds me of my grandmother that passed away a year and a half ago.  She has a way of making people laugh.  It was great to get to know her better.

I ended up leaving at 6:30 a.m. on Saturday morning to come back home so we could go to choir practice.  Our high school teacher has been teaching at Eastern for 25 years and she invited alumni to come back and sing.  Although the rehearsal was practically all day long on Saturday, we ended up having a lot of fun.  We were able to see old friends and reminisce about the good old days.  I have to say, the choir students are spoiled now with the performing arts center.  I was a bit jealous.

The Colts are having a rough start this year.  I am not quite sure what is wrong with my team, but I hope they come out of this slump.  They are good...it is just taking them awhile to figure out what works...We are going to the Colts versus Patriots game on Sunday.  We will cheer really loud, get a souvenir cup, get to the game early, eat in the food court, wear our jerseys, I will wear my beads - I hope this is a recipe for success!

We have had a friend hanging out with us for a few days.  Chris took some crazy pictures of this creature.  I think they are kinda creepy!

When we were in Ohio we went to the Sauder Outlet store (RTA furniture) and purchased a few cabinets for the garage to help us get organized.  We could not believe this was only $25!  We ended up buying 2 of them.  We were super excited!


On a serious note, the pastor at our church suffered a massive heart attack.  He is currently scheduled to have surgery tomorrow morning.  Please keep Pastor Steve in your prayers.  He is at Methodist hospital in Indianapolis.

Since this weekend is Halloween, I thought I would share this picture.  It made me laugh so hard.  This was on our way up to Goshen.  I had to take a picture.  Who does this?

2 comments:

Jess said...

What quality family time!!!! Yeah...poor Colts...but the Bears beat them...that is all that matters to me :) And the picture of the car...histerical!!!! Love ya! Your pastor will certainly be in my prayers!

Jan Blomeke said...

I think your critter is a praying mantis. That's what it looks like to me, anyway. (Jan Blomeke, Ashley's aunt).