Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life as a Single Mom

The last week of July I was on TLO again. I think I am getting spoiled being off so much this year, but what a great year to be off work and with Tegegn. I had never been to the Fort Wayne Zoo (which is much better than the Indy Zoo) so Tegegn and I met our friends Ashley and Audrey. We had a great time catching up and Tegegn loved the tiger and the carousal.

As Tegegn would say, "choo, choo!" We rode the train and he loved it. I thought this was a really cute picture of Ashley and Audrey on the train.

Chris is in Florida this week for his business sales meeting. We miss him bunches. Everytime Tegegn hears a sound at home that he thinks is the garage door, he runs (he does this a lot now - running that is) from the living room, through the kitchen to the laundry room yelling "dada, dada!" He is a daddy's boy. Luckily, he will see him on Friday.

I am not sure that I have mentioned this recently, but Tegegn is a pretty good traveler. He loves bringing all his toys with him to keep him entertained. We are on the go a lot and he doesn't seem to mind. You can always assume he will pick a toy with wheels to spin. It keeps him entertained for long periods of time.

I have enjoyed my time this week with Tegegn, but it will be nice to get back to normal. I find myself waking up early in order to make sure that I have time to take a shower before he wakes up for the day. I am known to fall asleep when putting Tegegn to bed and this week I have fallen asleep with him every night. One night, I must have been really tired because I didn't wake up until 11:00 pm and I only woke up because he started mumbling in his sleep.

1 comment:

Adam, Julie and Ella said...

Tegegn is so precious - and has the biggest eyes! I really hope to meet him someday soon - he and Ella would have so much fun together - they both love being outside, riding carousels, and shoes!! Miss you tons, and love keeping in touch through the blogs - we think and pray about you all lots! Love ya! Julie