Friday, May 23, 2008

The UPS Man!!!

Sometimes I really enjoy chilly, overcast days. Today was one of those days and due to the Memorial holiday, I was able to stay home from work and enjoy the comfort of my own home in my pajamas until noon. I worked on my master’s class in the morning. I actually talked to my professor using Skype (an Internet phone); however, I couldn’t find out how to hook up a microphone to our computer so he talked and I typed. Anyways, the point of the story is that we might be able to use Skype while we are in Ethiopia. You can talk via computers for free. If that doesn’t work, you can call using Skype to a land line for only 2 cents per minute. Not bad!

Chris worked half a day and I thought we would have twice baked potatoes. I think I got a little potato happy. I ended up wrapping 12 potatoes. What was I thinking? I guess I was thinking that we were hungry. Needless to say, I am trying to think of how I can use our excess potatoes.

This afternoon I went to get my hair cut. For the last 8 years I have been jumping to all different kids of places, but I was able to go back to the place that I went growing up. I love it when people do my hair. I was able to get a stylish trend. I think she cut 7 inches off. It was a much needed change.

Around 4:15 this afternoon our doorbell rang. It was the UPS man!!! I’ve haven’t been that excited about seeing the brown truck in our driveway for a long time. He dropped off the documents we were waiting on for our dossier. At 4:20 we were in the car headed to the bank to get a money order for the Ethiopian Embassy and on our way to the post office. We went to the Greentown Post Office and it closed at 4:30. That didn’t stop us! We headed straight to Kokomo and we sent our dossier to the courier in Washington DC. From Washington, it will go to North Carolina and then to Ethiopia. What a great start to a long weekend!




To celebrate, we decided to go to Louie’s Coney Island to get Coney dogs and chili cheese fries. Yum! Our last celebration stop was to DQ for some ice cream to finish off the evening.



And the waiting officially begins...

5 comments:

Lauren said...

You guys are so cute! GOOD LUCK! We're praying for you!

ashley said...

well i just realized that i didn't know about your exciting news when i talked to you on the phone earlier.....CONGRATS! :)

Unknown said...

what a start to this great weekend. Louie’s Coney Island sound so good right now:) Congratulations on this important step.

ashley said...

p.s. what kind of ice cream cone is that? i want one! :)

Brandon said...

Louie's is the best! Is it still downtown?