Sunday, February 24, 2008

Catching Up

Wow! Where has the week gone? I have been so busy that I had to take a break from updating everyone because I couldn't find the time. On Tuesday, Chris and I decided to take a break from the adoption information since that is all we did on Monday. On Wednesday, I headed to Michigan for work and I was able to spend some quality time with my nephews. They are adorable! Nathan, the oldest, makes me laugh! He wanted to play with me the entire time I was there. I was able to read to him at bedtime. As we were laying there getting ready to read the last book Laura came into the room and put some vasaline on his face around his lips because they were chapped. When she left he leaned over to me and said, "I just love you so much Aunt Sarah. Can you please be here when I wake up?" I went on to tell him I had to go to work and then he gave me a big hug and asked me, "Aunt Sarah, can I give you a gooey kiss?" How could I resist? I told him I would love it and he responded, "Oh, goodie." Children are such a blessing from God.

I was in Michigan for work on Thursday and due to the snow I arrived home a little after eight. On Friday, the team that I work with had a brainstorming session offsite. We met at my boss's house and we actually accomplished a lot of planning for the upcoming year. It was a nice change of pace and I really enjoy the ladies I work with on a daily basis.

Chris and I were able to spend some time together on Friday night since this week has been crazy. We decided that we would go grocery shopping in the morning since we do not have much food in our cabinets or fridge. We were even out of our main staple, peanut butter! After our trip to Kokomo, we came back home and started doing odd and end things. As I put the groceries away, Chris decided to organize the wires that were a mess going to our entertainment center. He also added some door stops, fault switches in the bathroom and a cable for a television in the basement this weekend. We are planning to move our excercise equipment from one of the upstairs bedroom to the basement and we wanted to watch TV while working out because it makes the time go by so much quicker.

The mail came on Saturday and we received the documents that we sent to the wonderful state of Indiana! We were so surprised to received the authenticated documents already. We expected it to take atleast a week if not two.

Today I was able to work on my master's class. I am still behind, but not as far as I was yesterday! The class is fine. I am just finding it hard to concentrate because I much rather work on our adoption stuff.

Speaking of adoption, we completed our first step of our home study information. We had to complete four documents and both of us had to do an autobiography. Although it was time consuming, I think we are ready to start the process because it brings us that much closer to our child! We are planning to complete a few more documents for our dossier this week. We are planning to complete our family photo page and also the letter from the bank stating that we are in good standing. I think I will probably visist the police station during lunch to start my police clearance. I still find it amazing how many steps we have to go through to become parents when I watch TV and a 13 year old becomes pregnant. I pray that the child born to the child will be cared for and loved, whether it be by the child, the family or an adoptive family.


Jess said...

What great family time!!! I am glad you got to spend that quality just refreshes you :) Love you tons!

The Bigelows said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.